8/8/12

Wild Wednesday

POSTED BY: ERIKA 


WEDNESDAY:


1) The middle of the week.  


2) The day I eat homemade ginger waffles.


3) One day closer to the weekend.


4) My favorite blog post to write :-)


There are so many reasons that Wednesdays are great days.  I hope all of you have your own list of reasons that make this “middle of the week” day special for you too!


Today’s Wild Wednesday feature wins a special title!  The person I choose to feature today, is the youngest person yet!  I realized after talking with him, that younger kids do not get enough credit.  There are so many kids out there who are creative, intelligent and inspiring, but because of their age, many people don’t take them seriously.  So today I hope to remind everyone that kids are full of amazing ideas and energy and there is so much we can learn from them :-)


With that said, I am happy to introduce 11 year old Alex!  He has lived in my neighborhood for many years and I have had the pleasure of watching him and his sister grow up into 2 of the most interesting kids I know!



Alex posing with his favorite flavor of Wild Squirrel


Name: Alex 


Age: 11


Starting Hazelbrook Middle School in the fall.


1) So let’s begin!  Alex, I’m interested to know what you think of this company that Keeley and I have started?


The company has blown my mind. The flavors are good, it’s natural, and a lot of
people know about you and Wild Squirrel.  Plus you and Keeley were on Shark
Tank. Everybody loves shows like that!


2) What is your favorite flavor and way to eat it?


Chocolate Coconut wrapped in Dave’s Killer Bread, the Powerseed kind!  I wrap it up like a burrito!


3)  Now that those questions are out of the way, we can move on to more important topics…like you!  


What subject in school interests you the most and why?


History. I enjoy learning about famous people from the past. Last year I read about Ponce De Leon and how he found Florida in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. I also have a great interest in ancient Greek culture. I know all the Greek gods and places of worship.


4) I know that you have lots of hobbies and interests so I won’t ask you to pick just one! Please talk about some of your favorite “outside of school” activities and why you like them so much!


My favorite activities include: indoor rock climbing, swim team, soccer and Stand Up Paddle Board.  I enjoy climbing because it takes a great deal of strength and endurance. Swim team is fun because I get to be in the pool for an hour. It’s best on a hot day.  I like Fall soccer because it is the only team sport I play. I tend to gravitate to individual sports. I used to be a competitive gymnast.


Stand Up Paddle Boarding is great because I can just go out and paddle on Lake Tahoe. It is a great way to just chill and check out what’s going on on the water. Last year, I had the chance to paddle in Maui. I surfed there too.



Stand Up Paddle Boarding!



Surfing champ!


5) What is the best family vacation you have ever been on?


Great Wolf Lodge . It has a huge indoor water park, hotel, food, and of course Magi Quest. Magi Quest is a game you play in the hotel halls and lobby area. You have a magic electric wand and hunt for clues throughout the building .Your goal is to get through all the levels. On my last visit, I almost completed all the quests.


6) What is an accomplishment of yours that you are most proud of?


My biggest recent accomplishment was getting 2nd place in my swim team relay.  There are four (people ) legs to a relay. My team had only one other guy. We each had to swim two legs each! Not bad, two guys beating four!


7) I know this is kind of a premature question, but at this point in your life, do you have any idea of what you want to be when you’re older?


I would like to be a film director. I have gone to Apple movie making camp for two years. I love to write scripts and then put them on film. Apple taught me how to edit. I LOVE special effects. I have made my own green screen. Even the staff at Apple were intrigued.


8) If I handed you a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?


Portugal. My dad’s grandparents are from Serpa. I would love to go see were my family is from.


9) How have you spent your time this summer? 


Rock climbing, swimming, and movie making!  I also like to read on my Kindle. Oh yeah… Video games. My favorite is Wii :The Force unleashed 2. I have spent a little time at the Teen Center at the Tualatin Library and Sherwood YMCA.  I went to Michigan and Ohio to visit my mom’s family. I also spent 9 days in South Lake Tahoe, California. My dad’s family has a cabin there. Lots of beach, boogie boarding, Stand Up Paddle Board. We even rented a boat. Can you imagine a 11 year old driving a boat? 



Alex in Lake Tahoe!


I’ve also been attending G.R.E.A.T camp!  It stands for Gang Resistance Education and Training. It is sponsored by the Tualatin Police Department at Hazelbrook Middle School. We got to take a look at the school, go on field trips, and talk about topics like drugs and setting goals.



This growing boy loves to eat!  One of his favorite things?  To go to buffets and count how many plates he can eat!  




Thanks so much Alex for being this week’s Wild Squirrel Wednesday feature!  I had so much fun learning more about you and your countless interests!  You have already accomplished so much at 11 years old and I know you have great things ahead of you!


That’s all for now!


Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment