1/18/13

5 Things Friday

POSTED BY: ERIKA


Squirrel land has been crazy busy the past few weeks!  A huge reason for that is because of our Shark Tank follow up that aired January 4th!  We've been responding to lots of e-mails, phone calls and packaging up oodles of orders we got since the show.  If you are reading this right now and you ordered from our website or went and bought some at your local store...THANK YOU!  We love you.  A lot!

During these busy weeks I've been doing my best to stay sane.  Each month I feel like I get a little better about managing work life with my personal life.  But let's be honest, finding a happy medium between the two is a life long struggle journey.  I've accepted or maybe I should say am working towards accepting the reality that everyday is not going to be perfect.  I'm not going to get everything crossed off my to-do list and I might forget to take the trash out to curb.  But life will keep going.  These 5 things have been helping me remember that.




Last weekend I painted my new room!  What used to be the office is now my room!  It's so fun to have a new space and a fresh coat of paint on the walls.  Bamboo forest is the color.  It's refreshing and calming, exactly the way I want my room to make me feel.  

After a morning of phone calls, I decided to take a break and get my juice on!  That sounds weird but let's go with it. 

 Keeley and I found a juicer at Goodwill ages ago and it's been collecting dust in our cabinet for too long.  I usually crave fresh pressed juice in the summer but I think the dismal rainy weather was making me crave colorful things.  It was delicious and exactly what my taste buds wanted.


In high school I used to journal all the time!  Ever since, my feelings towards this presumably therapeutic activity have been very off and on.  I usually look at my journal and the words "too much effort" pop into my brain.

But this week I have overcome those words and have been journaling every night.  And I'm happy to report that it has been awesome AND therapeutic!

I usually convince myself out of journaling because I attempt to write a novel.  But this week it's all about the bullet points... good/not so good things that happened during the day.  I like to think I'm wiping my brain from the day's events so I can rest easy during the night.

So far so good.


These pretty flowers totally brightened my mood this week!

Any girl that says she doesn't like flowers is lying...


Having a break from the norm is always a good thing.  

During the normal work week, you can usually find Keeley at her computer going over inventory/cost of goods spreadsheets and I'm on my phone/e-mail coordinating some shipment or ingredient purchase.  

This is fun and all, but when we need a break, podcasting usually does the trick!  I mean who wouldn't love talking with their best friend about how cool and weird life is, especially when you get to use a legit little microphone?!

Look for our podcast up tomorrow! Happy Friday.
E

No comments :

Post a Comment