3/8/13

Weekly Snapshots

POSTED BY: ERIKA

K and I work a lot.  That's kind of what happens when you have a company...There is little separation, and by little I mean no separation between work life and home life.  But I'm not complaining, because to balance work, I always do some fun things to spice up the daily routine.

Here are some snapshots of my week!

After one busy day this week all I wanted to do was to BAKE.  So I did.  Snickerdoodles are my sister's fave treat so I decided to whip up a batch and sneak attack her with some of these homemade cinnamon-y sugar delights!  I wasn't actually there for this cookie sneak attack because she lives in D.C., therefore these cookies were shipped across the country.  I had to trust that the mailman/woman would successfully sneak attack her for me.  The surprise was a success!  NOM.















There are times when treasure hunting is the only thing I can think about!  So I embraced it.  Hello Goodwill.  Hello treasures.

I made overnight oats inspired by KATH with our Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter... then I photographed it! You must try out this super easy recipe for your next breakfast.  I think of oatmeal as an excuse to go crazy with toppings!  Here are some ideas: fresh or dried fruit, chopped nuts, nut butter, jam, honey, coconut flakes, granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds...there are SO many options and I could tell you more but I will refrain...


So usually we drive this car.  Aka the putt-putt or the Squirrel Mobile!  #Squirrelsinshades





Although I love our cute lil' blue car, let's just say there are some quirky attributes that make driving it somewhat inconvenient.

For example, the air conditioning does not work.  The windows are not automatic, nor are the locks...And the Putt-Putt gets angry if we go over 55 mph.

But this week we got to borrow Keeley's Mom's Subaru! So we feel like speed demons in this car!  I LOVE it.  I feel so classy in new cars.




Look at all of our PB stuff.  Wowza.  Our trunk=life of peanut butter samplers.

Who can spy the cute white furry face above?




It is rare that K and I travel during the weekend for something unrelated to business.  But last weekend we did and it was such a treat.

We went to beautiful wine country near McMinnville, Oregon with some of our good friends from Portland. We stayed in a beautiful farm house overlooking a vineyard, cooked delicious food, tasted many great wines, played some games and most importantly danced around to our girl Beyonce in the kitchen.  Great times spent with friends.

Some much needed naps were taken...
























And some beautiful views enjoyed.


1 comment :

  1. You guys are too cute with this blog! Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete