7/31/13

A Week in My Life

Hi friends!  Here's what I've been up to lately.


One night I took a stroll with this little pup named Lucy!  I stole borrowed her from my neighbors. She's a cutie, but very camera shy...

I want a dog SO bad but realize that I'm not quite at a point in my life where it makes sense financially and logistically to own one.  So until I can feasibly take care of a dog I will continue to pretend Lucy is mine...



Every summer in Portland, there are free concerts and movies around different parks in the city.  I went to one with some friends and it was pretty awesome!  Tons of people filled the lawn with blankets, chairs, food and drinks, and we enjoyed watching Life of Pi under the stars.  #summerrocks.


One day I did a demo at a Whole Foods in the Hollywood District of Portland!  I really like this spray painted sign.


Our interns were busy in the kitchen this week!  They both made some awesome treats.  Just look at this collaboration and concentration..they're the best.





These little mason jar gems happen to be Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter cheesecakes!

I love how April decided to make these in mini jars instead of a standard cheesecake pan.  Very creative!  Imagine how fun these would be to have at  your next summer dinner party.


Sarah took cereal to the next level!  Here she combined our Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter with some whole grain "oh's" for a healthy version of Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs.  YES.  Dessert for breakfast.

For the super easy you-can-make-this-even-if-you-can't-cook recipe, look here!  Kids and adults alike will devour this.  Promise.


One of my favorite places in Portland is called Forest Park.  It is comprised of 5,000 acres of lush, green forest and trails.

I go here when I need to re-boot and that was necessary this past week.



This was the best meal I've had in a while for a few reasons.

1) The main course...STEAK!  And not just any steak.  I rubbed it with a delicious combo of ground coffee, chili and ginger and then seared it to perfection. 

2) A wonderful cocktail accompanied the meal-white wine with elderflower liquor...I felt like such a fancy pants.

3) I enjoyed this meal outside with my wonderful friends!

These happened! Frozen banana bites filled with Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter covered in chocolate.  Basically the best thing to eat on a hot summer night.  Recipe coming soon!


No comments :

Post a Comment