7/7/13

Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter Fudgesicles




It's been unusually warm this week in Portland.  Summer seems to have started early around here,  which I am a big fan of. Bring it on sunshine... I love me some Vitamin D!

With the hot days upon us, my cravings transform. Watermelon, iced tea, crunchy salads and (of course) popsicles are now on my mind.

I've had these popsicle molds sitting around in my cupboard for well over a year.  I had every intention of making some yummy frozen treats last year, but that didn't exactly happen.  You know how that goes...


But this year I decided to put these molds to use and experiment with our almond butter... this time in frozen form. And, let me tell you...the experiment was a GREAT success.  Just look at that bite. Is your mouth watering?  I hope so!



Do you also have popsicle molds sitting in your cupboard waiting patiently to be used?  Please tell me you do. And please tell me you are now inspired to make these for your friends, family, neighbors, OR yourself (let's be real here).





With all of the gatherings that happen during the summer, I'm confident that you will have no problem finding a reason to make these popsicles. You will definitely impress people with these, no doubt about it.

The best thing about these popsicles is that they are super simple to make and the base is made out of bananas. Therefore, these contain no dairy or gluten, but they are still incredibly flavorful and creamy.

Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter Fudgesicles
Recipe adapted from The Detoxinista
Makes 8 popsicles

Ingredients:
3 large bananas
1/2 cup Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, or any kind of milk (can be made with cow's milk)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients until texture is smooth.

Pour the batter into the 8 molds, the amount may vary depending on the size of your molds.  Place a stick in the middle of the batter and freeze for at least 6 hours.

To remove from molds, run under warm water and they will loosen right up.

Enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. I will be making these tonight! I bought a popsicle mold a few months ago, and have yet to use it! This will be the first recipe I make with it. Can't wait! Thank you!!! *Bethany - Syracuse, NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, yum! Can you imagine how delicious they would be if you added silk chocolate almond milk instead of regular? so good!!!

    ReplyDelete