We have all known at least a few furry friends in our lifetime and for most of us, I'm sure they've been great listeners, snuggle buddies, and companions. If you're anything like me, they've even become a hairier member of your family! My special friend was Riley; he was the sweetest, happiest boy I ever knew. Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to my boy earlier this year due to health complications, but I will always remember his smiling face and how he was always at my feet whenever I was making anything in the kitchen!
Riley LOVED treats, especially anything with peanut butter on it! In honor of Riley, and all of our furry friends out there, I decided to make a dog-friendly dessert!
These "pup"-sicles are great treats for the summer!
Peanut Butter "Pup"-sicles
(Adapted from Keely Deuschle)
Makes 6 servings
1 medium-sized banana, mashed
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/4 cup of Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter
6 dog biscuits
- Combine mashed banana, yogurt, and PB in a medium sized bowl. Use a fork to mix these together for optimum creaminess!
- Equally fill 6 paper cups with mixture.
- Place 1 dog biscuit in each cup, submerging the biscuit about halfway into the cup making sure to leave part of the biscuit exposed as a handle.
- Freeze cups for about 3 hours, or until mixture is completely frozen.
- When ready to serve, remove cup from freezer and gently tear off the paper cup.
- Serve to your furry friend and watch them enjoy!
For more dog-friendly desserts and other recipe ideas, check out our Pinterest page!