8/5/13

Peanut Butter "Pup"-sicles


We have all known at least a few furry friends in our lifetime and for most of us, I'm sure they've been great listeners, snuggle buddies, and companions.  If you're anything like me, they've even become a hairier member of your family!  My special friend was Riley; he was the sweetest, happiest boy I ever knew.  Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to my boy earlier this year due to health complications, but I will always remember his smiling face and how he was always at my feet whenever I was making anything in the kitchen!


Riley LOVED treats, especially anything with peanut butter on it!  In honor of Riley, and all of our furry friends out there, I decided to make a dog-friendly dessert!

These "pup"-sicles are great treats for the summer!




Peanut Butter "Pup"-sicles
(Adapted from Keely Deuschle)
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
1 medium-sized banana, mashed
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/4 cup of Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter
6 dog biscuits

Instructions
  1. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, and PB in a medium sized bowl. Use a fork to mix these together for optimum creaminess!
  2. Equally fill 6 paper cups with mixture. 
  3. Place 1 dog biscuit in each cup, submerging the biscuit about halfway into the cup making sure to leave part of the biscuit exposed as a handle.
  4. Freeze cups for about 3 hours, or until mixture is completely frozen.
  5. When ready to serve, remove cup from freezer and gently tear off the paper cup.
  6. Serve to your furry friend and watch them enjoy!

For more dog-friendly desserts and other recipe ideas, check out our Pinterest page!


2 comments :

  1. I love it! I make them (yes, 3 of them) dog biscuits but frozen summer treats would be great! I'll have to try these soon for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 3 dogs! What a handful :) They'll have lots of fun with these snacks and it will keep them entertained for awhile!

    ReplyDelete