9/12/13

Chocolate Sunflower Seed Almond Butter Rice Krispie Treats

In the mood for a treat?  Well I'm here to help!

Growing up I loooooved Rice Krispies.  I couldn't imagine something better than a soft and marshmallowy cloud of sweetness.  I mean, they are pretty darn delicious.  But I am proud to say that my taste buds have grown up!  Now instead of craving the packaged treat, a homemade version with almond butter and chocolate (of course) is way more my style.

These would be a perfect thing to make for your kiddos' lunches.  Or for those without kiddos...make them for yourself and everyone else in your life.  You will literally spend 5 minutes making these. TOO easy!  Enjoy these health-i-fied crispy treats :-)

Chocolate Sunflower Seed Almond Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Inspired by weelicious

Ingredients-
2/3 cup of honey
2/3 cup Chocolate Sunflower Seed Almond Butter
3 1/2 cups rice cereal

-In a large sauce pan combine honey and almond butter on low heat and mix until melted-about 3 minutes.
-Remove from heat and pour over rice cereal.  Stir until all cereal is coated.
-Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 inch pan and press to flatten.  This can be done with your hands or the back of a spatula.
-Cool in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.  
-Cut and enjoy!

4 comments :

  1. This looks delicious -- and so simple! At what point do you add chocolate chips? I didn't see that listed in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making these right meow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - You got me with this! Will order now!

    ReplyDelete