10/17/13

A Week in My Life


Here's what my last week looked like...

I make one pie a year... and the one pie was made this week!  The change of season makes me want to bake all the time.  This was a apple pie that made my house smell like a dream!  My dad was the lucky recipient of this golden beauty.




Speaking of apples,  I went to an apple press on this beautiful, picturesque farm.  I wore a sweater, watched and helped press apples and ate dinner outside on a big farm table with a bunch of people.  I felt like I was in some 90's movie.  I loved every minute of it.





This week an awesome new grocery store opened up in Portland called Green Zebra.  The idea of the store is making convenience food healthy.  It's a small neighborhood store where you can run in and grab a snack, some groceries, a coffee etc., but all of the selections are super healthy and local.Lisa Sedlar, pictured here, is the brains behind this operation!  She is very special to us because she is the first person in the grocery "world" who met with us and gave our products a chance.  She formerly worked at New Seasons Markets, a great chain of stores here in the Portland area.  They were the first stores we were in and now that she has opened her new store, our products are on Green Zebra's shelf!Guess what?  More apples!  This here is a PB & J all jazzed up.  It has Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and sliced apples inside, and actually no jelly/jam inside...so it's a PB & A!  Also it's grilled cause c'mon... everything should be warm this time of year.







We were interviewed for a Portland magazine called AboutFace that will be published in December!I fell in love with a 12 pound Basset Hound puppy this week.  Cutest, softest, cuddliest little ball of puppy that I've ever held.  

I found myself baking again...this time banana bread sans apples.  I used our Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter and added chopped peanuts.  It's sweet, moist and just the right amount of banana flavor.  Definitely a winner.



We ventured to the pumpkin patch!  I love going and picking out the perfect one.  It's so much more satisfying picking out a pumpkin in the mud with your booths on than buying one at the grocery store.






I hope you all have been enjoying some fun seasonal activities as well.

Happy week to you all! 

No comments :

Post a Comment