12/9/13

Chocolate Coconut PB Toffee Cookies

Remember my crazy baking instinct I referred to in this post?  Well it hasn't gone anywhere (if you were worried).

This weekend I found myself in our very official Wild Friends kitchen, aka the kitchen in our house, baking up batches of holiday inspired cookies...because can we talk about how it is already December 9th?!

After much deliberation I decided a flavor combo I had not yet tried was our PB with toffee.  I was pretty sure I couldn't go wrong with a sweet/salty cookie situation.  For all of you toffee lovers out there these cookies are totally for you!  The best part about these cookies is swirling chopped up pieces of Heath Bar into the batter.  I'm such a sucker for any sort of chip, chunk, or candy bar addition in a cookie.  I love the surprise when you bite into a chunk of toffee...hello yumminess.


Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies-
Inspired by Martha Stewart

Ingredients-
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons butter unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
2 chocolate covered toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add Wild Friends Peanut Butter and egg; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture. Stir in toffee.

Using 1 level tablespoon batter per cookie, drop onto baking sheets, about 1 inch apart; flatten slightly with floured fingertips. Bake until edges are golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies immediately to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment